Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Late Night with Schelling

In his introduction to Ideen, Schelling writes,
"Nature is visible Spirit; Spirit is invisible Nature."

Hmmm, coming from the perspective of the Thomists gratias perfecit naturam (Grace perfects Nature), I'm intrigued as to the relations between the Spirit and Nature in regards to Grace. Schelling, you may have dissolved a dichotomy I didn't know I had, I don't know. It's 3 AM. We'll see in the morning.

Though I certainly did like, "Der Anfang und das Ende aller Philosophie ist - Freiheit."
("The Beginning and End of all Philosohpy is Freedom").

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following my blog! I haven't posted so much lately, being swamped by the ordinary demands of wage slavery, but hope to again soon. I didn't see an email conact, so I'm leaving this message here. Thanks again, and best wishes for your successful studies.
Puny